There are tons of iPhone users who keep an android phone along with them. There may also be a few people who are switching phones from iPhone to android. As known by most of us, iPhone has really different and unique features and is a little difficult to transfer media and contacts from it. It can be tiring as well as time and effort taking for you to sit and transfer all your contacts from your iPhone to your android phone. If you do it manually, you will also have to ensure that there is no duplication of contacts in your phone. To avoid all of this chaos, there is a simple option to upload all your contacts into your Gmail account and then copy it into your new mobile phone. If you are looking into how to share gmail contacts then you can visit the official Gsuite Shared Contacts for Gmail app. You can also check out this article How to share google contacts by Techtimes.
The copying of your contacts into your Gmail account in an iPhone might prove to be a little confusing for some people. If you are someone who is confused with the transfer of contacts to your Gmail account, this is the right place for you to be in. These step by step instructions will guide you through it and will save your time, money and efforts.
- The first thing you need to do is tap on the settings icon on your iPhone
- You might see your apple account at the top of your screen. Tap that
- Next, tap on the iCloud to enter the iCloud settings.
- Turn on the contact sync with iCloud on your mobile phone. The slider must be green colored. This will ensure that all your contacts are in a sync
- Open iCloud.com and then open your id by entering your password
- Click the sign in arrow
- Then click the contacts icon on your screen
- Select a contact or all contacts, whatever is required by you
- In the bottom left corner, you might see a settings gear icon. Click on that
- Click on export vCard. A vCard file will be downloaded
- Then open your Gmail contacts
- Click on the import contacts option
- Click on choose a file
- You should now select the file that you just downloaded in the 10th step mentioned above
- Now tap on import
- You will now be able to see all your imported contacts in your Gmail account.
After all these steps, all you need to do is keep sync between your Gmail account and contacts. It will also be ensured by Gmail that no duplication of contacts is being done in your phone. Along with your time, your efforts are also being saved while using Gmail. Be a techno-savvy person and go along with the flow. Not only for this round, has it made it easier for every time you decide to change your device or every time your device gets lost. Never doubt about whether you should use Gmail as your contact back up or not. It will prove to be very helpful to you in the future.